Monday 13 June 2011

Introduction

Brief About Myself
Hi,


I am Golfing Baba, a recreational golfer of Peranakan Chinese decent from Malacca, Malaysia.  Has been golfing more often since a year ago.  My home course is the Air Keroh Country Club, a 27 holes golf course carve out of virgin jungle where "a ball lost IS indeed a ball lost" (will talk about this in another post). Usually will walk nine holes with few buddies on the weekends scoring high forties to low fifties.  Best score at the moment is 46 on nine.


In My Bag
Just bought a set of Gigagolf Powermax GX922 irons (3 - P) last Friday for less than RM700 (about USD235), a real cheapo for a totally new set, even though they came without the sand wedge. Used them the very next day; number of strokes was still within my usual parameters.  These irons feels a bit heavy but perform according to the raving reviews in the web, I am contented for the time being.  Enables me to shoot further compared to the previous irons, Honma Protune S which I bartered loan with my buddy.  My set was China made X-20 which I sold to him after I got the GX922.


Other sticks that I have are a beat up TaylorMade R7 driver, Gigagolf TRX Metal #3 fairway wood, ProKennex Launcher #3 hybrid, Paragon 60 degree lob wedge and Carbite's M-3X putter.  So the final piece would be a sand wedge to make it 14 and within regulations.  


Objective of this Blog
While Royal Selangor GC, Kota Permai G&CC and Bukit Jalil G&CR easily comes to mind, there are another 195 more operating golf courses in Malaysia with approximately 30% being 9 holes.  All are unique in features and history, mostly only known by the golfing public within their vicinity.  My dream is to play  and share my experiences on these courses over time and the same time ramble a little bit on everything else in between.  It would only be proper for me to share about my home course, Air Keroh Country Club before others.  So do keep an eye for links of my reviews at the right side of this post.

1 comment:

  1. I also play with the GigaGolf GX922 irons, quite similar to the Callaway X22 irons. For under RM700 they are a good buy, you can check them out by clicking the following link:
    Gigagolf
    Powermax GX922 irons (3 - P)

    ReplyDelete